aloo matar. Aloo matar recipe – Aloo translates to potato and matar to peas. This aloo matar is a simple curry made of potatoes & fresh peas in a spicy onion tomato gravy. In Indian cuisine a lot of curries are.
The recipe is an easy home style potato peas curry and. Instant Pot Aloo Matar – easy potato and green peas Indian curry for weekdays, made I am resorting to easy meals these days and it can't get easier than this Instant Pot Aloo Matar [Aloo=Potatoes and. Aloo mutter (also spelled aloo mattar or aloo matar) is a Punjabi dish from the Indian subcontinent which is made from potatoes (Aloo) and peas (matter) in a spiced creamy tomato based sauce. You can have aloo matar using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of aloo matar
- You need 1/4 cup of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 medium of onions, finely chop.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 4 large of potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Frozen peas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garam marsala.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of White sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chopped cilantro.
This is a recipe for Aloo Matar that I got off the internet. I went for my first Indian food experience, and happened to order Aloo Matar even though I had no idea what it was. The ultimate comfort food, this Indian inspired dish is packed with peas and potatoes in a mild tomato curry. The warm spices of curry powder and garam masala are added to the subtle hint of.
aloo matar step by step
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir in the onions, ginger garlic paste, and bay leaf. Cook until the onions are tender. mix in the potatoes and peas. Cover and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove the bay leaf..
- Stir the tomato puree, garam Marsala, paprika, sugar, and salt into the vegetable mixture. Continue cooking about 10 minutes. mixs in the cilantro and continue cooking about 2 minutes..
What is Aloo Matar ?aloo means potaoes and matar are green peas. In all Indian households aloo and matar are made but in different flavors and spices. Whenever we go to a restaurant Or dhabas I. To make aloo matar begin by boiling the peas and potatoes. For making aloo matar in pressure cooker the recipe remains the same.