Thai Larb Gai. Larb Gai, Laab Gai, Lahb Gai, Laap Gai…….searching for a recipe like this where the name has Utterly addictive! Larb Gai is the Thai version of everybody's favourite Chinese Lettuce Wraps, San. This Larb Gai chicken salad recipe is classic Thai, with mint marrying beautifully with the chicken.
This dish is quick and easy to make with very few ingredients. Laab Gai – Northeastern Chicken Salad ลาบไก่. Thai Larb is a flavorful authentic Thai salad made with minced chicken, lime juice and fresh herbs. You can cook Thai Larb Gai using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Larb Gai
- Prepare 500 grams of chicken mince.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1 stalk of lemon grass, chopped.
- You need 1 small of knob ginger, grated.
- You need 1 each of green and red chillies, diced.
- You need 227 grams of tin water chestnuts, diced.
- You need 1 small of amount vermicelli, cooked to packet directions.
- You need 2 of limes, juiced.
- You need 6 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of vinegar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 small of red capsicum, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 of spanish onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mint, roughly chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of coriander, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of ice berg or baby cos lettuce.
- You need 1 small of splash peanut oil.
How to Make Larb Gai – Lahb Gai – Laab Gai – Larp Gai – Laap Gai – Lahb Gai ลาบไก่. Ground chicken, sliced shallot, finely chopped spring onion, chopped mint leaves, roasted rice powder (khao koor), ground thai chile, lime juice, fish sauce (less to taste), garnish, always serve with a good portion of fresh cabbage, and add green beans, parsley, sliced radish, cucumber. This Chicken Thai Larb Gai recipe will have you hooked on its spicy, zesty flavor. Chat Thai's guide to making larb gai.
Thai Larb Gai instructions
- Brown mince in peanut oil with garlic, lemongrass and ginger.
- Once browned, add lime, vinegar and fish sauce, adding more to taste if needed. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir through water chestnuts, vermicelli cut into small strands, capsicum, spanish onion and herbs.
- Rest for 5 minutes, seperate lettuce leaves and serve larb on top of lettuce..
- Serve with rice.
One of the great salads of the world, larb is quick to prepare, but makes a lasting impression. Spicy Thai chicken salad, with a wonderful variety of flavors and textures. Use fresh herbs in this recipe, dried will not even come close! Use of boneless, skinless chicken and no added oil makes this a very. One of my favourite Thai salads is this minced chicken one (larb gai), which is full of fresh flavour from the mint leaves and lime juice.