Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork. This pork larb lettuce wrap fits my bill; its savory filling, the fresh and crispy lettuce, plus the perfectly balanced dipping sauce that is savory, sweet, spicy, and sour at the same time. To assemble, take a little bit of the ground pork filling and fill the middle of the lettuce leave. Ground Pork Lettuce Wraps with Asian Drizzling SaucePork.
It smelled a little funky while cooking but came out AMAZING! We love Thai lettuce wraps and these were delicious. Very easy, healthy and a great meal for people watching their carbs. You can cook Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork
- It’s 1 lb of ground pork.
- You need 3 clove of garlic-minced.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of onion-diced.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemongrass-minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh ginger-minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic chili sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 5 oz of water chestnuts-drained and diced.
- It’s 5 oz of bamboo shoots-drained and diced.
- You need 1/2 of fresh jalepeno-minced.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil, or to taste.
- Prepare 4 of green onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of cilantro-chopped.
- It’s 1 of lime wedges.
- Prepare 8 of lettuce leaves, butter lettuce or romaine.
I served it with peanut sauce and. Start with lean ground pork, season it to perfection with ginger and Sriracha, and then spoon the mixture into crisp lettuce cups. Create a favorite restaurant treat right at home with these savory and sweet Thai lettuce wraps. Start with lean ground pork, season it to perfection.
Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork step by step
- Heat canola oil in pan..
- Sauté garlic, onion, lemongrass, and ginger on med heat about 5 mins..
- Add ground pork, or ground meat of your choice. Mix well..
- While meat is simmering, make sauce. Add garlic chili sauce, fish sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, and ground black pepper..
- Add sauce to meat and stir..
- Add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and jalepeno. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Stir well and cooked until meat is done, breaking up meat as you go..
- Take off heat and add sesame oil, green onion, and cilantro. Stir well..
- Add mix to lettuce wraps and serve with fresh lime..
When I make Asian-spiced lettuce wraps with lean ground pork, I remind my family they're meant to be an appetizer—but maybe I should just call it supper. To serve, place pork mixture in lettuce leaves; fold lettuce over filling. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. Classic Asian lettuce wraps get a healthier makeover with ground turkey swapped in for ground pork, and finely chopped mushrooms added to the mix! Lettuce Wraps are a classic Asian dish that I fell in love with when dining at PF Changs, and now it's one of my favorite things to make at home.