Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps. Jump on the pho trend with these healthy lettuce wraps, packed with beef protein and flavors of chile peppers, basil, onions, and Asian chili sauce. To serve, divide shredded meat among lettuce leaves. Top with radishes, basil leaves, green onions, and the remaining jalapeño peppers.
Serve the steak in lettuce leaves with desired toppings and the remaining marinade. Toppings: matchstick carrots, bean sprouts, sliced waterchestnuts, sliced green onions, fresh cilantro leaves, steamed white rice. Lettuce wraps might be our all-time favorite weeknight summer dinner—minimal cooking, maximum flavor and freshness. You can have Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps
- You need 2 pounds of beef flank steak.
- It’s 2 cups of coarsely chopped onions (2 large).
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of fish sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 2 of fresh jalapeno chile peppers finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of chinese five-spice powder.
- It’s 12 of large lettuce leaves, swiss chard or napa cabbage leaves.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded radishes.
- You need 3/4 cup of fresh thai basil leaves.
- Prepare 3 of green onions, thinly sliced diagonally.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Prepare of Sriracha sauce (optional).
I didn't have access to to short ribs so I used flank steak and it worked beautifully. Lettuce Wraps are a fun way to change up your dinner routine. Adults and kids will have a blast filling up their own single serving wraps just like at their favorite Asian restaurant. These Chili Lime Steak Lettuce Wraps are a fun Mexican twist on this popular Chinese takeout item.
Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps step by step
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 2 inch pieces. Place meat in a 3&1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker. Top with onions. In a medium bowl combine the water, the fish sauce, sugar, vinegar, the five spice powder, and half of the jalepeno peppers. Pour over mixture in cooker..
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high heat setting for 2&1/2 to 3 hours..
- Remove meat from cooker, reserving cooking liquid. Transfer half of the meat to an air tight container or freezer container; cover and chill or freeze for another use. Shred or chop the remaining meat; transfer to a medium bowl. Strain cooking liquid. Stir enough of the strained liquid (about 1/4 cup) into shredded meat to moisten..
- To serve, divide shredded meat among lettuce leaves. Top with radishes, basil, green onions, and the remaining jalepeno pepper. Drizzle with lime juice. Roll up lettuce leaves. If desired serve with asian chili sauce..
Try this Flank Steak Lettuc Wraps recipe, or contribute your own. Serve the steak with the lettuce leaves for wrapping, plus the rice, cucumbers, Sriracha, and Hoisin for topping. Chicken lettuce wraps are classic, but you will really enjoy putting steak, pork, even vegetables between the delicate lettuce leaves. Lettuce wraps make for a fresh burst of crunch and flavor, or spoon the stir-fry over rice. Look for fish sauce in your grocery store's Asian foods section.