Louki Kofta ( Indian zucchini balls ) with vegetarian instructions.
You can have Louki Kofta ( Indian zucchini balls ) with vegetarian instructions using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Louki Kofta ( Indian zucchini balls ) with vegetarian instructions
- You need 2 cup of coarse shredded seedless zucchini.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of dried parsley flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 of hot green chili, seeded and minced..
- You need 1 of veggie oil for deep frying.
Louki Kofta ( Indian zucchini balls ) with vegetarian instructions step by step
- Squeeze zucchini with hands as much as you can to remove all excess liquid. Discard liquid..
- In a large bowl mix together zucchini, green chilis, ginger,parsley,salt and baking powder..
- Heat enough oil to deep fry in a deep fryer or deep welled skillet or wok until hot..
- While oil is heating add the flour to the zucchini mix and knead until sticky and moldable. If too loose add more flour..
- NOTE: as mixture sits the zucchini will continue to make liquid so add flour as needed between batches of frying..
- Mold into 1/2 tbl sized balls (about 25 total).
- When oil reaches 355°F slip about 6 balls at a time into hot oil. Seperate them as they float together so they dont stick..
- Fry until deep golden and crunchy..
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain for a moment..
- Transfer to a warm serving dish and keep warm. Repeat until all balls are cooked..
- Serve with my indian tomato gravy or marinara sauce. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356473-masala-tamatar-sas-indian-seasoned-tomato-gravy-vegetarian.
- Serve hot and enjoy! Adapted from the art of indian vegetarian cooking by: yamura devi.
- To make this vegetarian…… just sub the all purpose flour for chipea flour and sub ghee for the vegetable oil..