Low-Carb Chewy Stir-fried Konnyaku.
You can have Low-Carb Chewy Stir-fried Konnyaku using 3 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Low-Carb Chewy Stir-fried Konnyaku
- You need 1 block of – 250 grams Konnyaku.
- You need 5 grams of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
Low-Carb Chewy Stir-fried Konnyaku instructions
- Rip the konnyaku up into pieces of the size you like. (I rip it up into about 25 pieces.).
- Put the konnyaku in a pan of boiling water to get rid of the odor. (If you don't mind this odor, skip this step.) Drain into a colander..
- Thoroughly pat the konnyaku dry with paper towels..
- Put the konnyaku in a heated frying pan (without oil). Stir-fry over medium heat to evaporate the moisture (about 15 minutes). Shake the frying pan several times..
- When the surface of the konnyaku pieces has blistered and starts to become lightly browned (and they have shrunk in size), add olive oil and salt..
- Keep stir frying for another 5 minutes. When all the pieces are coated with oil, it's done..
- When it's cooled down a bit, it's ready to eat. The texture improves if you chill it in the refrigerator. To keep this for some time, line the bottom of the storage container with paper towels..
- I like to dip these in soy sauce mixed with mayonnaise or wasabi. You can also try grated garlic, yuzu pepper, ponzu sauce and so on..
- Sprinkle with aonori, furikake, bonito flakes for a great bento side dish..
- If you add some soy sauce with dashi stock or mentsuyu to the konnyaku in Step 6 while it's still hot, these flavors will be absorbed by the konnyaku, giving it a different but delicious taste..
- If you have some deep frying oil that you won't use any more, you can try deep frying the konnyaku for about 15 minutes instead. This really improves the texture of the konnyaku. (The oil will have a lot of water in it after this though, so you should probably toss it after this one time.).