Vegan Sausage Patties.
You can cook Vegan Sausage Patties using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Sausage Patties
- Prepare of TVP.
- It’s of boiling water.
- It’s of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare of oat or wheat bran.
- You need of nutritional yeast.
- Prepare of ground flax seeds, optional.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- It’s of crushed sage.
- It’s of fennel seeds.
- You need of black pepper.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of or two of cayenne, optional.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of liquid smoke.
- You need of soy sauce.
- It’s of maple syrup.
- Prepare of blackstrap molasses.
- You need of oil for frying.
Vegan Sausage Patties instructions
- Stir together TVP and boiling water and set aside to soak for 5 minutes..
- Add flour, bran, and dry spices; stir to incorporate..
- In a measuring cup, measure out water; add liquid smoke directly to the cup and stir (this way the smoke will be evenly distributed)..
- Add water mixture and remaining liquids to dry; mix well..
- With your hands, form mixture into ½" thick patties..
- Heat a quarter inch of oil in a cast iron pan..
- When oil is hot, fry patties for a couple of minutes on each side, until golden..
- Repeat last step with remaining batter, adding more oil each round as necessary..
- Serve hot..