Mason Jar Taco Salad.
You can cook Mason Jar Taco Salad using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mason Jar Taco Salad
- It’s of salad dressing of choice.
- It’s of diced tomatoes.
- It’s of diced onion.
- It’s of corn kernels.
- It’s of black beans, cooked and cooled or rinsed from a can.
- Prepare of ground beef, cooked and seasoned then cooled (Could also use half a grilled chicken breast, diced or for veggie, just increase black beans to 3/4 cup).
- You need of shredded cheese (some good varieties for this salad are cheddar, colby jack or pepper jack).
- You need of leafy greens (for this I used a mix of romaine and spring mix).
- Prepare of tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips.
- You need of Wide mouthed quart size mason jar with lid.
Mason Jar Taco Salad instructions
- This is a very simple meal to put together. You just layer all ingredients in the order listed..
- Start by pouring the dressing into the bottom of the mason jar. For the sriracha ranch, simply whisk in some sriracha sauce into ranch dressing to taste. Then start with the sturdier ingredients that will be ok sitting in the dressing for a bit…the tomatoes and then the onions..
- Next put in the corn followed by black beans. If making this a vegetarian taco salad, then skip to step 5..
- Add the cooled ground beef into the jar, or if using diced chicken, add now..
- Place in the cheese next..
- Add in the leafy greens. Make sure to pack them in gently..
- Lastly add the tortillas strips on top of the lettuce. Place lid on the mason jar and refrigerate until ready to eat..
- Once ready to eat, just dump everything into a bowl and give a quick toss. You could eat straight from the jar, but I prefer to use a separate bowl..