Paleo Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Paleo Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Fresh, flavorful, and FAST, these easy chicken lettuce wraps will be on the table in no time. Flavorful ground chicken wrapped in crunchy lettuce leaves seems like a perfect paleo dinner option, but most recipes for this Thai-inspired dish aren't paleo-friendly since the sauce includes ingredients like soy sauce and cornstarch. With bold flavor and super fresh ingredients, these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps are perfect for meal prep for lunch or for a flavorful dinner.
My husband looked at it confused and gave me the what the heck are you making me eat look. This recipe is so flavorful and fresh tasting. The teachers and staff at my school love it because it's fun to put together. You can cook Paleo Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Paleo Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- It’s of Bibb or Romaine lettuce leaves.
- It’s of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need of Napa cabbage leaves, thinly chopped.
- It’s of raw broccoli, finely chopped.
- You need of carrot, shredded.
- It’s of green onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s of cilantro, minced.
- It’s of Thai Sauce.
- It’s of almond butter.
- It’s of water.
- You need of coconut aminos (taste like soy sauce).
- It’s of lime juice (or the juice of 1 lime).
- You need of garlic, minced.
The thai sauce can be customized to your taste and the use of lettuce as an alternative to bread adds crunch to the wraps. These delicious twists on a classic wrap help bring your Paleo diet to life. For a more flavorful recipe, consider adding grated ginger to the sauce. These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are reminiscent of PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps, yet they're gluten-free, paleo-friendly and much healthier.
Paleo Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps step by step
- Grill chicken breasts and dice into 1/2" cubes..
- add ingredients for sauce to jar, close jar, shake until ingredients well combined.
- Wash lettuce leaves and spread out on a plate (reserve half the leaves for leftovers)..
- Fill with chicken, broccoli, napa cabbage, carrots, green onions, and cilantro..
- Drizzle with thai sauce..
- Reserve leftover filling mixture for lunch the next day, but wait to fill lettuce leaves until serving..
- source: http://www.paleoplan.com/2009/12-31/thai-chicken-wraps/.
With fresh ingredients and a few simple swaps, you can easily make this family favorite dinner recipe. Chicken lettuce wraps are super easy, and make a surprisingly quick and healthy weeknight meal. For all the times I have ordered chicken lettuce wraps at Chinese restaurants like P. Chang's, inhaled entire "appetizers" by myself, and sighed with happiness while licking sticky sauce from my. I promise, your tastebuds will thank you!