Brad's trout picatta over Caesar broccoli slaw. Top it with a Caesar salad slaw for a quick and easy dinner that's fresh and light. If you like seafood tacos you will also love these Lobster Tacos and these Scallop Tacos. In a medium bowl combine broccoli, dressing (use more or less to achieve desired creaminess).
Add to broccoli slaw mixture and mix well. Brush a large skillet (I like cast iron) with olive oil. To make tacos, heat corn or flour tortillas in a skillet or microwave until warm and soft. You can have Brad's trout picatta over Caesar broccoli slaw using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's trout picatta over Caesar broccoli slaw
- Prepare of For the slaw.
- It’s 4 of LG broccoli stems.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- Prepare of Brads Caesar dressing.
- Prepare of For the fish.
- Prepare 4 of trout.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of each, garlic powder white pepper and paprika.
- Prepare 2 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare 2 cups of corn meal.
- You need of For the sauce.
- It’s 3 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 of LG shallot, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 4 tbs of vodka or white wine.
- Prepare 3 tbs of the flour mixture for the fish.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- It’s of Whipping cream.
- You need 2 tbs of capers.
- Prepare 3 tbs of shredded parmesan cheese.
Add flaked halibut and broccoli slaw. Picatta is like an instant fancy dinner. One second you're just sitting there, all normal like, but the instant that first forkful of lemony wine bliss touches your tongue you're transported to candlelight and tablecloths, even if you're sitting in front of the TV watching Dancing With The Stars. To speed preparation, use shredded broccoli slaw from the produce aisle.
Brad's trout picatta over Caesar broccoli slaw step by step
- In a food processor, grate the broccoli stem and carrot. Place in a mixing bowl and toss with Brad's Caesar dressing. Set aside..
- Filet the trout. Remove rib bones and skin. Mix flour and spices in a shallow pan. Dredge fish in it and place in the refrigerator for a few minutes..
- Heat butter in a frying pan on medium low heat. Add shallots and saute until they start to brown. Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes. Deglaze pan with vodka or wine. Cook out moisture. Add flour and cook 2 more minutes. Add lemon juice and stir in. A little at a time add cream and mix in, stirring constantly, until you have a smooth gravy like sauce. Add bouillon, cheese, and capers. Now here is my secret to the rich color of the sauce. Turn heat to low and let sauce sit on the burner..
- Stir often. Add a little cream when sauce starts getting toreado thick. Do this the whole time you are frying the fish..
- Heat a half inch of oil in a frying pan on medium..
- Set up battering station. First flour, then beaten egg, then cornmeal..
- Take fish out of fridge. Dredge in flour again. Then egg. Then cornmeal. Fry on each side until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain..
- Plate slaw. Place filets on top. Cover with sauce. Garnish with parmesan. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Adding the bacn bits really makes a difference. Top noodles with broccoli slaw, then sprinkle with almonds and sunflower kernels, and green onions. In a separate bowl combine sugar, oil, vinegar, and flavor packets from noodles. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the broccoli slaw, cilantro, and green onion, tossing gently to combine. Stir in the mayonnaise and lime juice until blended.