Chicken pesto pasta salad. This chicken pesto pasta salad is quick, easy, and a great way to use up leftover chicken. The perfect make-ahead salad for summer entertaining. This basil pesto pasta salad was definitely a BIG hit at our house.
Great for BBQs, brunches, baby showers & more! The combination of flavors in this pesto chicken salad is seriously to-die-for! It's so easy to throw together and can be eaten as both a main or side dish. You can have Chicken pesto pasta salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken pesto pasta salad
- It’s of mixed salad leaves.
- It’s of a large cucumber.
- It’s of medium sliced onion.
- You need of chicken breasts.
- It’s of cooked pasta of your choice.
- You need of salt, pepper, thyme, paprika/chilli powder, chicken spice or any spices of your choice to season the chicken.
- Prepare of tsp lemon juice (optional).
- It’s of crushed garlic.
- You need of bit of oil to toss pasta, and a few tbsp of butter to cook chicken.
- Prepare of pesto.
Combine the chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper, cooking until chicken is browned. Then, mix in the heavy cream, parmesan, and pesto, stirring until evenly Toss in the pasta and cherry tomatoes, stirring until evenly coated. Chicken Pasta with Thyme-Mint Cream Sauce. Chicken Pesto Pasta is chicken and penne in a basil pesto sauce.
Chicken pesto pasta salad step by step
- Mix salad ingredients together in a large serving bowl.
- Season chicken filets with spices, garlic and lemon juice. Grill in some butter until cooked..
- Toss cooked pasta with some oil, and then mix in about 6 tbsp of pesto..
- Slice cooked chicken in half lengthways, and then slice again into thin slices.
- Mix chicken and pasta together.
- Lastly, mix together chicken and pasta, together with salad. You can add extra seasonings, salad oil, dressings, feta, olives or any garnishing of your choice. Serve warm or cold..
This is one of those recipes that's great for a busy weeknight. Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Meanwhile, mix the red pepper with the cherry tomatoes and chicken. Pesto chicken pasta salad is one of my summertime staples. This quick and easy salad recipe uses pasta, pesto, canned chicken, and vegetables.