Low fat Spanish omelette. Take the Spanish omelette to another level with this healthier version, which uses sweet potato and turkey bacon and makes up four of your five-a-day. Eggs are not only packed full of nutrition but they are tasty, they are cheap and they are extremely versatile when cooking. Have your say: Have you tried this low-fat Spanish omelette recipe?
Lightly coat frying pan with olive oil. Add the eggs, potatoes and onions and cook over low heat, flipping omelette once to cook other side. Spanish omelette or Spanish tortilla is a traditional dish from Spain and one of the signature dishes in the Spanish cuisine. You can cook Low fat Spanish omelette using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low fat Spanish omelette
- It’s 3 of medium sized potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 of small onion.
- Prepare 1/4 of courgette/zucchini.
- You need 4 of eggs slightly beaten.
- Prepare 3 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
It is an omelette made with eggs and potatoes, optionally including onion. The Spanish Omelette recipe out of our category omelet! This feature requires Flash player to be installed in your browser. Are you an onion denier or an allium aficionado when it comes to your Spanish omelettes?
Low fat Spanish omelette instructions
- On this version I will peel and boil the potatoes in salted water..
- Chop onion finely and sautee in a bit of oil until soft, add the chopped courgette too and cook until soft..
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the boiled drained and mashed potatoes and the soft onion and courgette. Add Salt if you like. Mix all ingredients.
- Add a teaspon of oil to the pan and heat. Add the mixture and cook on a medium hob..
- When starting to brown we have to turn the omelette. This is the tricky part. Use a plate just slightly bigger than your frying pan..
- Turn the omelette into the plate and return to hob. Cooked side up.
- Finish cooking and is ready to serve..
Do you serve them warm or As some recipes call for the potatoes to be sliced as thinly as possible, ideally using a mandolin, and then deep fried, albeit at a fairly low temperature. To check the omelet is cooked, gently press on the centre of the omelet. Low fat cheddar cheese, celery and mayo topped with lettuce and tomato. Heat some oil, enough to cover the potatoes, in a large saute pan over medium-low heat. Beat the eggs together with the Season All, Pepper and Marjoram and stir in the sun dried tomatoes.